(1)NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON TALK SHOW PULLED.Variety’s迈克尔·施奈德，在“Nat Geo Pulls Neil DeGrasse Tyson’s ‘Star Talk’ Amid Misconduct Allegations”说，国家地理频道已暂停奈尔·德葛拉司·泰森的表演StarTalkwith only three of its 20 episodes broadcast because of the sexual harassment allegations against Tyson. One of the unaired episodes was an interview with George R.R. Martin. “Cosmos: Possible Worlds,” the sequel to “Cosmos” is still scheduled to air on Fox starting March 4, because Tyson is such an integral part of that show that it would take massive recutting to take him out of it.
(2)想象猛兽花絮。Netflix has posted an overview of its hit interactive TV production.
In an historic first, China has successfully landed a rover on the far side of the moon, Chinese state media announced Thursday, a huge milestone for the nation as it attempts to position itself as a leading space power.
China’s National Space Administration (CNSA) landed the Chang’e 4 lunar probe at 10:26 am Beijing time on Thursday, in the South Pole-Aitken Basin which is an impact crater, China Central Television (CCTV) reported.
It made its final descent from a landing orbit 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) above the moon’s surface.
官方媒体回购rted the rover transmitted back the world’s first close range image of the far side of the moon. No other details were immediately available.
(4)一个城市的漫画的创造者。With DC moving its headquarters to LA, and Marvel making movies there in Hollywood, there’s a rationale for caring about“The 10 Best Mainstream Comic Books By LA Creators Right Now”(LAist），即使它是一个完全国际化的产业。
Doomsday Clockgoes deep into DC Comics lore, bringing back the legendary Watchmen team who had largely remained untouched since their creation by Alan Moore in the 1980s. L.A.-based writerGeoff约翰斯has always had a soft spot for the history of DC, bringing back the past to give new life to characters old and new.
他这样做，在这里再次与队友频繁加里·弗兰克。Frank’s intricate style has put Doomsday Clock on an every-other-month schedule, which can make it harder to follow along, but the book looks gorgeous. It’s a meticulous art style combined with a meticulously written book, with little details to capture your imagination. It’s also bringing back other long lost DC characters, integrating them all in a giant blockbuster story that also manages to focus on character.
(5)LOSS OF A HOME LIBRARY EVOKES BOOK MEMORIES.From the San FranciscoChronicle’s“Datebook” —“重温家的废墟 - 和它的2000本图书库 - 在篝火丢失”由Jaime奥尼尔。
…The public library in Paradise was spared by the fire that leveled that town on Nov. 8. The fire that spared the town library didn’t spare mine, however. Since those books burned, I have spent some time taking a rough inventory of the books I lost, imagining the pages curling in the heat, the shelves that held them collapsing, the smoke from all those books joining with the smoke generated by everything else that was under our roof.
......有书我想给我的妻子和圣诞节生日，和书籍她给我的类似场合。There was a novel I’d read more than four decades ago on a Christmas higher in the mountains, a modern ghost story by Kingsley Amis — “The Green Man” — that offered up its pleasures as I sat by the Franklin stove, snowed in, with nearly 4 feet of snow on the ground outside. There were books half-read, set aside when my fickle attentions were drawn to other books, but books I meant to return to, nonetheless, like a remarkable book about the Teapot Dome scandal by Laton McCartney, a story rich in parallels to our own time, with very rich con men pillaging at will under the stewardship of an incompetent and amoral president….
4.作者更了解他们的世界比你做的，但也许不知道所有的答案。…as it happens, sometimes writers and readers don’t find the same things important, with regard to the worldbuilding. As a result, readers sometimes think about certain things more than the authors have, and the authors get caught flatfooted when readers want to know more about that particular thing. Alternately sometimes the author kind of bullshits through something because they don’t think it’s important and later it comes back to bite them and has to be explained away. In老人的战争，I didn’t do any sort of real worldbuilding for Earth because I knew I was going to leave it in a chapter, and I didn’t think about whether I would ever write any sequels.
And then one day I was asked to write a sequel, and readers were asking why future Earth seemed exactly like现在和I had to recon my way out of my own laziness. It worked out okay (indeed the explanation became a seed for much of the series onward), but the point is, at the time of the original writing, there was no deep-seated reason for doing it other than “it doesn’t matter, so why bother.” Guess what! It mattered.
(7)FERGUSON OBIT.[By Guy H. Lillian III.]Eric Ferguson, Florida fan and onetime member of the Southern Fandom Press Alliance, was found deceased on January 3, 2019 in his home on Merritt Island, Florida. I personally spoke to the officer in charge, who merely told me that the investigation into Eric’s death was ongoing. No cause of death is yet known. He had been known to have suffered from severe intestinal troubles in the past, and hadn’t been active in fandom in some years.
- Born January 3, 1892–J.R.R.托尔金。那么，什么是他所阅读的第一部作品？对我来说，这是The Hobbit我坠入爱河，并仍然觉得可怕的方式参与，我不这样做，也没有投掷石块请，发现在指环王。我认为这是很远我来说更容易失去自己的工作，并享受比通过后者的奋斗故事会发生什么。我也喜欢The Road Goes Ever On，取自单曲循环在指环王,The Father Christmas Letterswhich a local Theater group enacted one year, and妖怪和评论家和其他杂文。(Died 1973.)
- Born January 3, 1940–Kinuko Y. Craft,79. She is a Japanese-born American painter, illustrator and fantasy artist. True enough. So why is she here? Because she had an amazing run of illustrating the covers of the Patricia McKillip novels until quite recently. I’m linking here to our review atGreen Man的骨平原的冰城for a favorite cover she did. There’s a slim volume on Imaginosis calledDrawings & Paintingswhich collects some of her work.
- 生于1956年1月3日–梅尔·吉布森，63. I know the first thing I saw was genre wise involving him was公路勇士在电影院这将大约四十年前。同样地，我看到Mad Max 2和Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome在电影院,但我承认有关于这两个电影的感慨。我从来不知道疯狂的麦克斯：狂暴路存在到现在为止，所以错过了释放。他在FairyTale: A True Story，看看20世纪20年代的Cottingley仙女照片，和语音约翰·史密斯在风中奇缘。He plays Hamlet in村庄但我真的不认为我可以打电话那genre…
- 生于1973年1月3日–Dan Harmon,46. Aside from being the creator of the hit animated seriesRick and Morty，他的系列HarmonQuest帮助将龙与地下城到一个新的观众。其他作品还包括Community,Heat Vision and Jack和怪物房。他作为一个作家和执行制片用于通道101和工作Acceptable.tvhas inspired many filmmakers that comedy and sci-fi/fantasy don’t have to be separate.
- 生于1975年1月3日–丹妮卡麦凯勒，44.从2010 - 2013年和2018以来，她说出火星小姐年轻法官。It’s starting its third season on the fourth of this month on the DC Universe service and it’s most excellent! She’s done far, far more voice work than I can list here, so if you’ve got something you like that she’s done, do mention it.
- 生于1984年1月3日—Brooke Williams,35. For recurring roles, she’s been Catania inThe Shannara Chronicles和Hannah in12 Monkeys。她有一个经常性也作为Jennsen Rahl上Legend of the Seekerwhich is off novels by Terry Goodkind. She also played Hermia inA Midsummer Night’s Dreamat the Globe Theatre In London. Remember we agreed this was fantasy. Indeed she’s been inSleeping Beauty和杰克与魔豆，无论是在新西兰制作！
(10)FANZINE ON JEOPARDY!It happened January 1, and Andrew Porter, supplied a picture of this epic moment:
And here’s the image off my TV:
(11)NO HUGOS, PLEASE.Camestros Felapton does his best to let us down easy – but he doesn’t want to be nominated for Best Fan Writer again:“So, I’m not doing an eligibility list this year…sort of…”
换句话说：提名等WASfun and nice but it made writing the blog less fun and less nice. Not in any terrible angsty torture like way but enough that I’ll skip the experience for 2019. That’s not a ‘NEVER AGAIN!’ just a ‘the view is lovely but I’m a bit puffed out from walking up this hill and tomorrow I’d like to stay in the pub and look at the next big hill from below in the beer garden, thanks’. It was also a bit like eating celery but that analogy requires more explanation and really doesn’t help get the point across.
(12)MORE NOT CHEERY STUFF.预告片的第2季Marvel’s The Punisher
(13)LET’S GET THAT CLEARED UP.Snopes.com, in their “Daily Debunker” for Jan. 2nd writes:
“Did CBS Report That ‘Elites Are Lining Up to Ingest the Blood of Children’?”
一份报告,认为后传开ly appearing on CBS News says that “world leaders and elite businessmen” routinely ingest the blood of human children to achieve “eternal youth.” … We feel absurd having to point this out, but no one outside of characters from mythology and vampire fiction consumes blood to keep from aging.
(14)ONE OF THE GREATEST ARGUMENTS IN POP CULTURE?SYFY线:“辩论俱乐部：5个最佳科幻/惊悚重拍”亚博体育下载app:
Welcome toDebate Club，其中蒂姆·格里尔逊和Will Leitch的，在格里尔逊和利奇播客的主人，解决在流行文化最伟大的争论。
[…] this week for Debate Club, we look at the best sci-fi and horror remakes, movies that did their own thing in their own way by working with something we already knew.
4.War of the Worlds(2005)
（15）是在寻找。The newest exotic Oreos flavor has arrived saysDelish:“Carrot Cake Oreos Are Here So Much Earlier Than We Thought They’d Be!”
It’s a 2019 miracle! After Carrot Cake Oreos were rumored to be dropping this spring, some shoppers have taken to Instagram to share that the newest sandwich cookie flavor is already on shelves.
如果我们采取Instagrammers’字事实上，它看起来像这些婴儿都可以在这两个目标和Walmarts - 尽管他们是否已经打每家商店还没有字。
（16）VIDEO OF THE DAY.Funny or Dieasks what would it be like “If TheLord Of The RingsWas A Sitcom。” For one thing, it would be called北世博郡。For another, it would have a laugh track. Of course. And, it would be on at 8PM Mondays.
[Thanks to Mike Kennedy, Chip Hitchcock, Cat Eldridge, Martin Morse Wooster, JJ, John King Tarpinian, Carl Slaughter, Darrah Chavey,and Andrew Porter for some of the stories. Title credit goes to File 770 contributing editor of the day Kip Williams.]